Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

Hey everyone, it's Elina here with a card I created for the newest challenge on the Glitter N Sparkle Challenge blog. 
This is the "Tic-Tac-Toe," Challenge #170.
It's a fun, unique idea in which you make a selection of the items you can use to create the card; either horizontally, vertically, or straight across a la tic-tac-toe style and incorporate the choices you picked to make your project.
Make sure to click on the highlighted "Glitter N Sparkle Challenge" to check out the choices listed on our Tic-Tac-Toe board and play along.
As always we have some great sponsors lined up:

For the card I'm featuring today, I made my selection straight across the middle to include: Gems or Pearls", Digital Images, and "Ribbon or Lace".
Here's the pic for you to check out:





The card base is made form a sheet of craft card stock and measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/4".
I stamped a pattern on the craft using a Hampton Art, Graphic 45, "Harlequin Script" stamp, and Stampin Up White pigment ink.
I set it aside to work on the image.

For the image I used this gorgeous one, "Marie Antoinette - Cupcakes in Beehive Hair from SLS Lines.
I went with a pale skin tone, lots of rouge on the cheeks, ruby red lips and a powdered wig to tie it all together.
Here's a list of the colors I used:
- Skin- TN1, FS9, R20, R27, RV69
- Hair- BT1, IG3, C04
- Cupcakes, Flowers, and Ribbon- RV52, RV55, V22, VV35, Y00, Y13, RV69, E74



First I added some Wink Of Stella to her wig and a beauty mark to her cheek.
I fussy cut the image out and used my black marker to go around the edges.
I then took a Heidi Swapp resist tag and water colored it, using my Tan and Brown Recollections markers.
To darken the edges a bit, I went in with my Dark Brown marker.
I used my heat tool to dry the tag and adhered my image to it.
Then I added some colored, adhesive gems to the cupcakes, flowers, and her earrings.
I added a piece of blue lace with coordinating blue gems along her neckline.

Next, I cut a patterned paper from the "Something Blue," by Prima, 6" x 6" paper pad; inked and rounded the edges, and attached it to my card base.
I then used some foam tape to attach my image panel to the card layer.
All that was left to do now was to add my embellishments.

I embellished the front of my card by adding a few fleur de lis resin pieces and some acrylic heart buttons to the corners.
I colored them in using my Gold Metallic Recollections marker.
To Marie's wig I added a resin crown that I colored in using the same Gold marker.
To finish it off, I added a Recollections Gold pin and the sentiment, "Eat Your Cupcake" from a Hero Arts stamp set.

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping in, enjoy your Sunday, and as always, peace!! :)





Post Edited by: Shyann Martinez






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button