Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

A Spooky Card: Altering Digital Stamps Technique!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here and I apologize for being M.I.A for the past week. My youngest sister is expecting her first baby and I have been tasked with making the invites, centerpieces, and favors for her baby shower.
I just haven't had to the time to post anything, let alone create projects that aren't baby related.
Luckily, I was able to complete the invites and mail them off, so that leaves me with some time to post.
It's a miracle I can see clearly enough to type this with all the time I spent staring into the glare of my tablet screen, in search of ideas for the baby shower.
I am posting a card I made last week for the Jiggery Makery blog.
One of the things I like to do with digital images is alter them to suit whatever theme I need.
Halloween is a perfect example on how you can take a normal image and give it the spooky treatment.
                                                      Here's the pic for you to check out:


In order for me to create the spooky look I was after; I first choose the image I want to work with.
Next, I thought of what direction I would like the image to take; whether it be classic horror movie or gory zombie type.
Once I figured out what look I want to achieve, I did a little research.
In this case, I looked up skeletal faces and decided to draw it out on half of the face.
I could've altered the entire left side of the image but choose to keep it simple.
I then inked in the design using a fine tip black marker, making sure to erase any pencil lines.
Any areas that needed to be darkened in, I colored them in using my 100 Black Copic marker.


I added a bit of shading using a C0 marker and cleaned up the edges using my white gel pen.
I then colored in the rest of the image using my alcohol markers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS7, Dusky Pink
-Hair- C03, C06, C09

I fussy cut the image and set it aside to work on the card front.

The card measures 4" x 5 1/4" and is a top folding card.
I used some acrylic Halloween pieces from my stash to decorate the front.
I added some stitching lines and polka dots using my white gel pen; chipboard Halloween sentiments and orange, enamel dots.
Lastly, I attached the image using some foam tape.


And ta-da!! Card and Image complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and peace!! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez




Pin It Button