Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Happy Mothers Day Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy " Hump " Day to you all!! For today's post, I have a Mother's Day card I created for the Two Paper Divas Design Team. They are kicking off the newest stamp releases for the month of May. These stamp sets are chock full of beautiful images and sentiments. The card featured today showcases the "Garden Joy" set. This set has a great wheelbarrow image that is perfect for coloring.
Please make sure to visit the Two Paper Divas site if you would like to purchase the image featured today, view the other stamp sets, or check out the awesome cards created by Melissa, Gayla and the fabulous DT members.
With that said, here's the pic of the card I created for you to check out:


The card base measures 5 1/2 x 6".
The card layer is a 6 x 6" sheet of striped paper from the ki "Berry Blossom" paper pad from Hampton Art. I just trimmed it down an 1/8".
I used my Signo Uniball White gel pen to add some dash lines.
The paper pad I used is double sided, so I took the same striped paper, turned it over and used the backside as my second layer.
I trimmed it down to 4 1/2 x 4 1/2", adhered it to white card stock, and added it to the card base at a slight angle.
Once I had the card base complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

I stamped the image on white card stock and colored it in with alcohol markers.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:

-Wheelbarrow- Tan, Burnt Sienna, E18
-Flower Pots- YR04, C02, Tan
-Hat- Dusky Pink, Tan, CR3, R20
-Potting Soil Bag- FS04, Dusky Pink
-Spade- CR3, R20, C02, C04, C06
-Flowers- CR3, R20, YG03, Forest Green
-Sky- BT3, BG03
-Grass- YG03, Forest Green


I used my Signo Uniball pen to add a few highlights to the image.
I added Glossy Accents to the flowers, spade and hat brim.
I then trimmed the image panel to 4 x 4 1/8", added dash lines, adhered it to a piece of white card stock and used foam tape to add it to the card base.

To finish the card off, I stamped the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment from the "Banners #1" set onto white card stock, notched the ends used foam tape to attach it to the card, and added a few ivory enamel dots.

                                                          And voila!! Card complete!!



                                                    I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                                Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button