Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

First Guest Design Team Post and Shadow Box Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your day is off to a great start! For today's post, I have a card I created as part of my first Guest Design Team project for the Whimsy Stamps blog.
I made my first ever shadow box card using two digi stamps: "StampArt Designs" and "Owl Ways Winter  " from the Whimsy Stamps store.
It was pretty simple to make with the link I found on Pinterest.
Here's the link with full details on how you can recreate this card for yourself: ricas-haven.blogspot.com.
And here's the pic of the card I made:


Using the measurements and instructions from the link, I made the base of my shadow box card out of a sheet of dark green card stock.
Once I had the card base assembled, I cut some patterned card stocks from a DCWV Stack 8 pack and adhered them to the inside and outside of the card.

For the images, I printed them off onto a sheet of white card stock.
I used my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color them in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Skin: E11, E13, R20
- Hair: E13, E15, E18
- Shirt and Shoes: RV14, RV19, YG03, Key Lime
- Pants: Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue
- Apron: C03
- Owl's Body and Branch: E15, E18
- Santa's Hat: Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown
- Scarf::  YG03, Key Lime
- Beak and Claws: Summer Melon, YR04

Once I had the images colored in, I fussy cut them out.
For the owl, I glued him onto a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4" square of white card stock.
I inked the background with some Distress Ink In Faded Jeans, added a tree and stars.
I adhered it to the inside of the card, added a white 1/8" frame and some acetate to create a window.
I stamped a light garland in a light brown ink and colored the bulbs using Rambunctious Red and Forest Green.
I fussy cut the bulbs out and glued them around the window frame.

For the outside of the card, I stamped ornaments onto white card stock, colored them in, fussy cut them and glued them to some gold embroidery floss.
I added a few highlights with my white gel pen and adhered them to the top of the card base.

To finish the card off, I added the StampArt Designs image to the front of the card, some gold sequins and a sentiment banner that reads "Season's Greetings".

And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your Wednesday and Peace!! :)


* There's is also a challenge going on at the Whimsy Stamps blog!
The theme for this challenge is to use two or more images on your project.
So make sure to stop by the blog to play along!!*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button