Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Haunting Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start! For today's post, I have a Halloween card I created as part of my DT Spotlight for the Kitty Bee Designs blog.
I used a really cute image from the Kitty Bee Designs Store as the focal point for this card and created a spooky backdrop.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card is a standard A2 size ( 4 1/4 x 5 1/2") using orange cardstock as the base.
I printed the "Mr. Bitty" bat image from the KBD store onto white cardstock and used my Copics to color him in.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:

- Body- C3, C5, C7, W9, R20
- Wings- C1, C3, C5

I wanted to give the wings the look of translucency, so I brushed on some Liquid Pearls.
I also used my white gel pen to color in the fangs and add a few highlights.
Once I had the image colored in, I cut him out and set him aside.

With the image cut, I could determine what size to draw the haunted house.
I went to Google images to find a simple haunted house design that I could draw onto white cardstock.
I drew the design out, traced over it with a fine tip black pen, and used my W9 Copic marker to color it in.
I cut it out and set it aside.

I cut a sheet of white cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4" and used "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink to ink the background.
I punched a 1" circle to mask off an area for the moon.
 I cut a few overlapping hill shapes from black cardstock to add to the background.
With all my pieces cut, I laid them out on the card layer to create my scene.

I stamped a tree on the background using my Staz On Jet Black ink.
I placed the haunted house against the moon backdrop, glued it down and added the hills.
I also added a few tombstones and ghosts to complete the scene.
With my background complete, I used my ATG gun to adhere it to the card base.
 All that was left to do now, was to add the image and sentiment.

I used foam tape for the bat and cut a banner shape from orange cardstock.
I stamped the sentiment "Happy Haunting" from an Inkadinkado mini stamp set and added it to the card.
To finish off the card, I added a few clear sequins and some black stitch lines.


And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


I will be entering this card into the 2 Cute Ink blog's Challenge #116 "Halloween".


I will be entering this card into the CardzTV "Scene It" Challenge!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button