Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #105!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start!! I'm back with another great Card Sketch from the Feeling Sketchy blog!!
Here is Card Sketch #105:


This challenge is up and running now through the end of October.
Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along with us and check out the awesome cards created by the fabulous DT members.
There is also a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack.
Now with said, onward to the card I created based on this sketch.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card is a standard A2 size made from a light grey card stock.
I cut it 4 1/4" to create a top fold card.
I cut two strips of black card stock at 2" and set it aside.
I cut two strips from this neutral floral patterned paper from a ColorBok "Neutrals" pack at 1 1/2".
I used a "Going Grey" Stampin Up inkpad to ink the edges and my ATG gun to layer the strips on top of the black card stock.

I layered the strips on the card base and adhered them down.
I added a few splatters to the background using watered down gesso.
I then set the card aside to give the gesso time to dry.

To embellish the card front, I used a Antique Ornate Label Plate from The Paper Studio and whitewashed it with gesso.
I stamped this "Happily Ever After" sentiment from an Inkadinkado set onto a contrasting strip of paper and adhered it to the plate.
I used glue dots to add the plate to the card, placing it where the two strips intersect.
To finish it off, I added a few paper roses, grey twine, Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, and sequins.


And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!! 
Thnaks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Wednesday and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button