Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #103!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your day was awesome!! I'm back with another great Card Sketch Challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog!
Here's the pic For Card Sketch #103:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out the awesome cards created by the DT members.
There's a  great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack.
With that said, let's move on to the card I created based on this sketch.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base is a standard A2 size made from ivory cardstock.
I went in a different direction for this card.
 I wanted to create a distressed shabby chic look.
So I grabbed some patterned papers in aqua and tan from a ColorBok paper pad called "Rosewood".
I cut the papers at 2 1/4 x 5 1/4", distressed the edges, and inked them in a Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin UP.
I adhered the papers down on the card base using my ATG gun.
To tone down the colors of the papers, I white washed them with some watered down gesso.
I took a heart doily I had in white, distressed it and added it on top of the papers.
I made an aqua shimmer spray and used my Mini Mister to add a touch of color to certain areas of the card.
I also added a strip of lace down the middle.
With my background complete, I set it aside to work on the other elements.

For the birdcage, I drew out a basic shape onto a piece of Grunge Paper, cut it out and added two coats of gesso. 
I added Stickles to the entire cage and added a handle to the top.
I added some lace to the bottom of the birdcage and then used some tacky glue to adhere it to the card base.

For embellishments, I added some roses, painted them with gesso and colored them using the aqua shimmer spray.
I then placed a few punched out leaves and wire sprays to the cage to complete the look.
Lastly, I added this "Smile" 3D sticker from an Anna Griffin collection for my sentiment, rhinestones and a few sequins.

And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button