Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

"G Thanks" Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Sunday!! I hope you all had a day of rest, relaxation and crafting, of course!! For today's post, I have a thank you card I made using a sketch I found on the My Favorite Things Blog: mftstamps.com/blog.  


MFTWSC162

I used the sketch to create the card but used colors from a Color Palette Challenge, also on their blog, to choose the papers for it as well.
I think the card turned out nice but I'll leave that up to you to decide.
Here's the pic for your perusal:


This is a standard A2 size card using Craft cardstock for the base.
The Color Palette Challenge was to use the colors Craft, Blue, and this Golden Yellow color to create a card.
I cut a sheet of blue cardstock down to 4 x 5 1/4 and layered it onto the card base.
For the main panel, I cut down a sheet of yellow cardstock @ 3 3/4 x 3 3/4", stamped a flower pattern in VersaMark ink, clear embossed it, attached it to a piece of white cardstock 1/8" larger and adhered it to the front with my ATG gun.

For the banners, I used leftover Craft pieces  and cut them down to 1" & 1 1/4".
I cut thin strips of yellow cardstock and attached it to the bottom of the banners to create a pattern.
I then attached the finished banners to a small strip of white cardstock and notched the ends.
I created the blue banner in much the same way as the Craft, but I cut it at 3/4" and used punched out circles from Craft to create this polka dot pattern.
Once my banners were complete, I used my ATG gun to attach everything to the card front and added a few pearls at the ends for a touch of bling.

To create the main focal area for my sentiment, I used a blue flower from a Recollections Calypso set and layered a 1 1/2" white circle with the sentiment "G Thanks" on top.
The "G Thanks" came from a Studio G set. 
 I stamped the sentiment in Sahara Sand from Stampin Up and used a gold gel pen to trace it.
To finish off my card, I used some more pearls around the circle and added rhinestones to the opposite corners.

And ta-da! card complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I'll be entering this card into the My Favorite Things Sketch and Color Palette Challenges.
I'll end this post here so you can enjoy the rest of your evening!! 
Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button