Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Layout Sketch #81!!

Hey Everyone! I hope you're enjoying your Sunday!! I'm back with another project for the Feeling Sketchy Design Team.  Instead of a card sketch, they are trying something a little bit different.
It's a layout sketch!!
They have now added layouts to their usual card sketch challenges.
I think it's a nice change of pace for those who prefer to make layouts versus card making.
Make sure you stop by the Feeling Sketchy Blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com and check out all the wonderful layouts that the other design team members have created.
Here is the pic for Layout Sketch #81:


 Here is the pic of my layout based on this sketch:


I used a 12 x 12" sheet of white cardstock as my base.
The patterned papers all came from a ColorBok pack (not sure the name of this collection because hubby bought it at a yard sale).
I decided to use squares and rectangles that would overlap each other to create this collage type feel.
I used my George and Basic Shapes cartridge and my Cricut to cut the shapes in varying sizes from 1 1/4- 2 1/2".
I arranged my pieces and attached them using my ATG gun.

For the pics, I chose these two photos of my oldest that were taken almost ten years ago.
How time flies!!
I added some Metal Charm letters to spell out my title "Beautiful Smile".
I used some rhinestone flourishes from a Recollections pack and pearls to dress it up a bit.

For the birds, I cut those at 4" from my Rock Princess cartridge three times for each bird out of white cardstock.
I layered the three pieces, added some color using inks, and stamped a text background with white ink.
Once dry, I added a bit of shine by dusting the pieces with some pearl pigment powder.
I used foam tape to attach these birds throughout the page.

To frame the photos I used some flowers I made and added some pearls to the centers of them.
To finish off the layout, I added some journaling.

And voila!! that completes the layout!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
I looking forward to seeing what you create.
This sketch is up and running now through March 15.
So that gives you plenty of time to play along!!

 Enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button