Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #80!!



Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F!! I'm back with another card for the Feeling Sketchy Design Team!
The card is based on Card Sketch #80 which is up and running now through February 28th.
Make sure you stop by the Feeling Sketchy Blog:  feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com  and come play along with us!
There are some great prizes to be won and great inspiration from the other design team members!!
Without further ado, here is the pic for Card Sketch #80:





And here are the pics of the card I created based on this sketch:


I went with a 5 x 7" card.
I added papers from a ColorBok pack to mimic wallpaper and paneling.
I cut those @ 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" for the top and 4 3/4" x 1 1/4" for the bottom.
I added a 1/8" strip of white cardstock where the two patterns meet.
For the window, I cut a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" square out of white cardstock,and colored it using various shades of dark blue ink to mimic the night sky.
I added a few stars with my white gel pen and added my digital stamp image from Bugaboo Digital stamps bugaboostamps.com  to the right hand corner.
I used a piece of acetate and a window casing I made from white cardstock to the night sky panel.
I attached the panel directly to the card base and used some foam tape to the casing for added dimension.
I wanted to achieve the look of being in a room and looking out of the window to gaze at the moon.
To finish off the front of my card, I added a white cross stitch curtain tied with a yellow ribbon.

For the inside of my card, I enlarged the digital stamp image.


I added a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" piece of white cardstock.
I repeated the process I used for the smaller panel to create the night sky for this larger piece.
I printed off the digital stamp twice and used the first one to add texture to the moon.
I used embossing paste to achieve this look.
I added yellow paint and pearl pigment powder to give the moon it's glow.
I colored in the baby image from the second stamp, cut it out and added it to the moon.
I used my Spica Clear glitter pen to make the baby's clothes and wings sparkle.
To attach the moon to the base, I used foam tape.
I stamped the sentiment "Thinking of You" onto a 3 x 2" piece of white cardstock using StazOn ink.
I added a border stamp around the sentiment to finish it off.

And that completes the card for today!!

I hope you enjoyed this project.
Please be sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog and check out what the other Design Team members created using the the sketch.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening!!
Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button