Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Holiday Place Cards!!

Hey everyone, It's Elina here with a project I created using stamps from the Two Paper Divas store.
It has been a tradition in my home for the past couple of years to decorate our holiday table. I make the centerpiece, place mats, and place cards. Every year I try to come up with a different design for each project, and since I enjoyed altering the Hooters stamp set for Halloween I decided to use them again to make place cards for our table. I created a step by step tutorial on my YouTube channel, showing you how I changed these images up for Thanksgiving.
                                                          Here's the video for you to check out:
                             
                                     

            To create the base of the place cards, I cut 2 sheets of craft card stock to 5" x 5 1/2".
I stamped a pattern on the base using my VersaMark ink and Fall Leaves stamp set from the Two Paper Divas store.
I used my Martha Stewart Corner Rounder to round off the corners and inked the edges using Chocolate Chip Ink from Stampin' Up.
I then cut out scalloped circles and rectangles using my Cricut Explore machine.
I layered the pieces, adhered them, and inked the edges using Chocolate Chip ink.

For the scalloped circles, I used the Twig and Berries stamp set from the Two Paper Divas, and stamped it along the top and bottom.
Next, I used my BIC MarkIT Metallic marker in Yellow Gold to fill in the berries.
Afterwards, I set it aside to work on the image.

I stamped the owls on white card stock using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink and drew in the pilgrim hat and bonnet.
I used my alcohol markers to color them in. Here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Owls- E70, E74, E79, G40, G46, 404, Spice
-Pilgrim Hat- C06, C07, C08, BIC MarkIT Yellow Gold Metallic marker
-Bonnet- B12, B14

Next I fussy cut the owls out, went around the edges using a black marker, and adhered them to the scalloped circles using foam tape.

I used my Cricut Explore again to die cut the letters for each person's name.
I colored them in using my RV63, RV66, RV69 to create an ombre effect.
I ran them through my Xyron sticker maker and added them to the place cards.

                                                      Finally, I assembled all my pieces together.
                                                         And voila!! Place Cards Complete!!
                               
I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your evening, and as always, peace!! :)





               







                                                           Post Edited by: Shyann Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button