Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Happy Holidays Card: Two Paper Divas November Release Day Two!!

Hey everyone, happy Friday to you all!! It's Elina here with Day Two of the Two Paper Divas November Release. Below are some of the awesome stamp sets they've showcased on their blog:

                                                                     -Bloom Wildly



Make sure to head over to the Two Paper Divas store to purchase any of the new stamp sets featured today.
For today's card, I used the truck image shown above. I had a lot of fun playing with this stamp, which is perfect for making more masculine cards.
I have a tutorial up on my YouTube channel that shows you how you can alter this image.




Here's the pic of the Christmas card I made using this image:


The card measures 5 1/2" x 6 1/2," using a sheet of white card stock as the base.
I cut a sheet of light blue card stock at 5 1/4" x 6 1/4" for my card layer.
I set it aside then set it aside so that I could work on the main image panel.
I used a sheet of white Recollections card stock cut at 5 1/8" x 6 1/8" to create a background scene for the image.
After stamping the image, I drew in a few trees and colored them in using my E74 and E79 Copic markers.
I mapped out the areas I wanted to stay white and drew a line for the horizon.
Next, I filled in the skyline with my B12 marker.
To give the scene a snowy look, I used a tip I found on YouTube while doing some research on the subject.
This blew my mind when I discovered it and couldn't believe it never crossed my mind before.
"Add paint to Glossy Accents!"
This is definitely a technique I will be using on future projects.
I added white paint to Glossy Accents and dabbed it on the trees with a paintbrush. 
It gives you a nice snowy look and you can dab on as little or as much as you want.
I also used it on the ground around the trees, and for the road.


Now, for the truck image, I used my Copic markers to color it in and give it a rusty look.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used. If you want to see the technique I used to color this image in, please feel free to head over to my YouTube channel for more details.

-Truck- B12, B14, E97, E99, E74, E29
C03, C04, C05, C06, C07, C08


I decided to draw a tree in the back of the truck, and used my G46, G28 and E74 markers to color it in.
Once I had the image colored in, I fussy cut it out and adhered it to the background.
I used more Glossy Accents to add snow to the truck and the tree.


I stamped the inside of the card using the Two Paper Divas, "Happy Everything," stamp set.


To finish the card off, I brushed on some Diamond Stickles to all the snowy areas.

And voila!! Card complete!! :)




I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by; have a great weekend, and peace!! :)






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button