Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Get Well Soon Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all! I'm so glad that the weekend is almost here! WooHoo! I have been coloring up a storm this week and my hands need a rest. So stay tuned I'll be sharing some of the projects I have been working on next week. But for today's post, I'll be a sharing a card I created for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
It's that time again for another great Card Sketch challenge.
Here's the pic of Card Sketch #113:


This challenge is up and running on the Feeling Sketchy blog til January 31st.
Our sponsor for this challenge: Karleigh Sue Digis by Cheri Shull, is offering your choice of 4 digis.
So make sure to stop by and play along.
With that said, let's move on to today's project.

I used the above sketch to create a "Get Well Soon" card for a friend of mine, who recently had surgery.
I kept the design pretty simple and used a cute stamp from The Greeting Farm as my main focal point.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base is made from a sheet of white card stock measuring, 4 x 5 1/4".
I added a 1' strip of burgundy patterned paper, backed it on a strip of black card stock and adhered it to the card base.
I added another 1" strip to layer on top using a strip of grey card stock backed on black.
With the card base complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

For the image, I used this cute "Nurse Anya" stamp from The Greeting Farm.
I thought this would be the perfect image for my card.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, Dusky Pink, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna
-Uniform- C00, C01, C03
-Shoes- C07, C09
-Cross- RV19



I used my Cool Grey Copics and IB1 Spectrum Noir markers for the shadows and background.
I cut the card panel down to 3 x 3 1/4", backed it on black card stock, rounded the edges and used foam tape to add it to the card.

To finish the card off, I added some paper flowers, sequins and Stickles.
The sentiment "Get Well Soon" came from the "Banners 1" stamp set from Two Paper Divas.
I stamped it out on a 1" strip of white card stock cut into a banner shape.
I used foam tape to attach it to the card.

And voila!! card complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button