Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Be Mine Valentine's Day Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery blog! The project I'm featuring today is a Valentine's Day card I made using the newest digi from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop, "Rita".
I have been on such a Valentine's Day kick, lately.
So I can't guarantee that this will be the last one. Lol!
Let's move on, to the card I created with this image.
I did keep the design pretty simple and the embellishments I kept to a minimum.
And as always, make sure to click the etsy store link above, if you would like to purchase the image featured.
Here's the pic for you to check out:



I used white card stock for the card base and when folded it measures, 4 3/4 x 5 3/4".
I added a black card stock panel cut a 1/4" smaller than the base.
I then layered a sheet of The Paper Studio grey patterned paper on top, cut a 1/4" smaller than the black card stock.
With the card base complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image out on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
After I printed the image and before I colored her in, I altered the digi a little.
I drew some scallops on top of the brassiere, added a V shape down the center of the corset, laces and a bow.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, Dusky Pink
-Hair- Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna, Spice
-Corset and Shoes- RV19, Woodsy Brown, C03, C06, C09




As with last week's image, I used vellum to mimic stockings and added lace to the top.
I then paper pieced the cushion she's on using a sheet of Anna Griffin patterned paper.
I fussy cut her out and went around the edges using my brush tip marker.
I added a strip of dark grey crochet lace behind the entire piece and used foam tape to attach her to the card front.

To finish the card off, I used a few rhinestones and a ticket I cut from white card stock and stamped  the 'Be Mine"sentiment with Staz On ink.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button