Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Let's Hang Out Card"!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to all!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! I apologize for being away from my blog this past week or so, but my mind has been on vacay since the girls started school.
I'm not sure when it decided to take a leave of absence but I must have missed that memo.
 But I know I need to get back to doing what I love to do.
Crafting, blogging, and sharing with you all!!
Now with that said, let's get on to today's project.
I created a simple card featuring a cute monster that was drawn for me by my 15 year old daughter.
She is quite the artist!!

Here's the pics of the finished card for you to peruse:


The card measures 5 1/2 x 7 1/4"  using white cardstock as my base.
I cut a grey patterned paper from a ColorBok pack to 5 1/4 x 7", inked the edges in grey and adhered it to the card base.
I added a few strips of paper, measuring 1/4-1/2", to the left hand side of the card.
I took the image my daughter drew and colored it in using my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:
- Monster's Fur- C1, C3, C5, B29
- Claws- Bic MarkIt- Oceanview Blue
- Mouth- Bic MarkIt- Rambunctious Red, Tiki Hut Tan
- Tongue- Bic MarkIt- Pink Flamingo
- Sunglasses- Bic MarkIt- Hot Aqua, Metallic MarkIt in Silver

I added some extra details to the fur with a white gel pen.
For the sunglasses, I traced them onto another sheet of paper, colored them in, cut them out, and used foam tape to attach them to the monster's face.
Once I had my coloring complete, I used some foam tape to adhere it to the card base.


I used an Inkadinkado Summer Assortment stamp set for the "Let's Hang Out" sentiment.
I stamped it on white cardstock using StazOn Jet Black ink and created this speech bubble around the sentiment.
I used foam tape to adhere it.
To finish it off, I added a few silver star eyelets to the corners.

And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button