Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday School Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F!! to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start! For today's post, I have a project I created for the Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge.
The theme for this week's challenge is "School".
Make sure to head over to the Kitty Bee Designs blog to play along and check out the awesome projects created by the wonderful DT members.
Our sponsor for this challenge is 2 Cute Ink and they have a great prize pack for you to win, 2 digis of your choice.
With that said, onward to my school themed project for this challenge.
I created a one of a kind notebook with matching pencil topper.
Here's the pic for your perusal:


I took an ordinary composition notebook and covered it front and back with this patterned paper.
The paper came from a DCWV Stack 180 pack.
I used my ATG gun to adhere it down and my Xacto knife to trim around the edges.
I took a strip of Craft cardstock to cover the spine, making sure to crease the cardstock while I was attaching it.
Creasing the cardstock makes it easier to open and close the notebook.
Once I had the book covered, I set it aside to work on the image.

The image I chose for this project is this cute "Ms.Owl" digi and it can be purchased from the KBD Etsy Shop.
I printed it off on a sheet of white cardstock and kept the coloring pretty simple using my Copics and Bic MarkIT markers.
Here is a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Body- E15, E18
-Face, Tummy- C01
-Beak, Feet- YR04
- Flower- Polynesian Purple

I added a few highlights with a white gel pen and cut both images out leaving a small white border.




For the notebook, I layered a scalloped border and a few squares to create this background panel for the owl.
I used my ATG gun to adhere all the pieces together and added some foam tape to the owl.
To finish it off, I added a piece of brown ribbon tied in a bow, a few pearls and a banner.
I used my handwriting for the sentiment "School's a Hoot".

The pencil topper was pretty easy to create.
I took a 1 1/2" strip of blue paper, wrapped it around the end of a pencil, and taped it in place.
I made sure not to wrap it too tight so that it can be removed easily.
I  then used some glue dots to attach the smaller owl image to the paper strip.

And ta-da!! custom notebook and topper complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday, and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button