Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Layout Sketch #86!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Sunday!! For today's post, I have a LO I created for the latest Layout Sketch over at the Feeling Sketchy blog http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com/.
This is Layout Sketch #86:

                                         

Our sponsors for this month, Molossi and Trinket Track, have some great prize packages for you to win!
Molossi is offering a $30 Chipboard and Bling prize pack and Trinket Track is offering a $15 gift card to spend in their store.
Make sure to stop by, play along and check out all the beautiful LOs the DT members have created!

Here is the LO I created from this sketch:


I decided to try my hand at Mixed Media for this layout.
I recently started watching some videos on YouTube on how to create this look.
It took me a few days to lay everything out and a lot of thought and planning went into this.
I'm pleased with the final result and it was a fun LO to create.

 To begin, I started with a 12 x 12 sheet of white cardstock.
I sponged some ivory paint onto the paper to give it an aged look.
I used Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin Up to add a darker color along the edges.
I tore a piece of script printed tissue paper and mod podged to the right hand side of the page.
I also cut a scalloped trim and added it to the bottom of my layout.

I turned to my Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous set to stamp the stitch lines, seals and rulers to create a one of a kind pattern.
To add a bit of texture to my photo and page, I used some waffle paper as a stencil and sponged on some white acrylic paint over the top.
By doing this step,  I was able to get a subtle dot pattern.

For the papers matting the photo, I used a ColorBok paper pack called "Rosewood".
I cut 1" and 1 1/2" strips from the patterns I chose, tore the edges and inked them with Creamy Caramel ink.
I added them to the LO in a cross hatch pattern, overlapping some of the papers on top of each other.
Once I had my pattern laid out, I used my ATG gun to glue them down.


For the mixed media elements, I used a bingo card with the sentiment "Moments" that I tore in half and placed on the top and bottom.
I used a clay trinket and one half of a clasp that I painted white as my photo corners.
I added a white, corrugated cardstock heart, a heart doily, and a key painted white to frame the pic.
I also used some pink flowers from a Recollections set, added white paint to them and some pearls to round out the rest of the embellishments.



Finally, I added a few more embellishments to the corners.
I used some puzzle pieces that were painted and mod podged with the same script paper.
I added some hearts, the other half of the clasp, a flower and some pearls to complete the look.



And voila! layout complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I look forward to seeing the fun LO's you'll create using this sketch!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Peace!! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button