Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

"Ceramic Tile Stamping, Part Deux"!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a fabulous start. It's Spring break for us down here in Louisiana and it's been pretty busy with my girls being home.
I haven't had too much time to craft as of late but I've been trying to do projects that wouldn't take more than an hour to complete.
 I think I achieved just that with this project today.
I used a ceramic tile, added some color, a few stamps and transformed it into a decorative home decor piece.
I think this project turned out nice, but you know me, I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Here's the pic for your perusing pleasure:


The tile I used is a 6 x 7 3/4" rectangle.
I masked off a 1/2" all the way around the tile with washi tape to create a border.
I used my Adirondack Alcohol ink in "Butterscotch" to sponge the color onto the tile.
I wanted to go with a more muted, subtle look to give it that vintage feel.
After adding in my color, I set it aside and began the process of choosing the stamps I wanted to use.

I decided to go with a Recollections stamp set called "Vintage Ads".
This stamp set has some great images!
I stamped the main clock ad image in the center of the tile in Staz On Jet Black ink.
I stamped the notice ad stamp in the corners using the same black ink.
I used a stitch line stamp from a Tim Holtz Ideaology set to add a border.
Once the stamping was complete, I used a black measure tape washi (that I got from thememorynest.com), to create a border all the way around. 
To finish it off, I used a clear acrylic spray to seal the tile and protect it.

And voila!! tile complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
I had fun creating this project to share with you all.
Enjoy the rest of your Thursday and Peace!! :)



This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure you stop by the Party Time Tuesdays blog and check it out!! :)
I




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button