Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Best Moments... Card!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all!! I'm back with another great challenge for the Glitter N' Sparkle Challenge blog. The theme for this week's challenge is "Anything Goes," so please make sure to stop by the blog and play along. 
We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge, who are graciously offering prize packs to our Top 3 winners.

 
                                                                     Bugaboo Stamps

                                                       

                                                               Lacy Sunshine Stamps
                                                                
                                                            
                                                                      Ppinky Dolls 

                     Here's the card I created using the "Puppy Girl" image from Bugaboo Stamps:


Before I get started on the steps and materials I used to create this card, I just wanted to say that I am glad to be blogging and crafting again. It has been a hectic couple of weeks and unfortunately I had to take an impromptu break from all things craft related.
I hope to fill you all in on what's been happening on my end soon.
With that said, let's get back to the card.

The card measures 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" and uses a sheet of black card stock for the base. 
I layered a sheet of grey card stock that I trimmed down to 3 1/4" x 6 1/4".
Then, I stamped a pattern on the card stock using a few small stamps from Prima.
I used my tape runner to attach it to the card base.

Next I worked on the image using my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Skin-  E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E97, E99, E29
-Clothes, Shoes & Boots- C01, C03, RV63, RV55, C06, C08, B14, B18
-Puppy- C02, C04
-Background- B00, B12, C02, C04



I added a few details with my white gel pen to the bows, shirt, pants, and sidewalk.
Next I stamped the Eiffel Tower in the background using a rubber stamp.
I used both rubber and clear stamps for the birds and swirls.
I drew in a wavy line frame, and, to finish off the image, trimmed the image down to 1 3/4" x 5 3/4" and backed it on a piece of white card stock cut a 1/4" bigger.
Then, I layered the image panel on a sheet of stamped and embossed pink card stock.
Finally, I adhered it to the card base using foam tape.
As a finishing touch, I added a few silver sequins and the sentiment, "The Best Moments."

And voila!! Card complete!



                                                  I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
                              Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button