Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Mixed Media Tag featuring Julie Nutting "Mindy" Stamp!!

Hey everyone, happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start! I'm back with another great challenge from the Decorate to Celebrate blog! The theme is "Anything Goes," so please make sure to link up your fabulous projects and play along.
For my project, I created a mixed media tag using some papers from Prima and a Julie Nutting stamp.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


For the tag, I layered a few sheets of card stock and trimmed it down to 3 1/2" x 8 1/8".
I then layered a sheet of patterned paper from the Prima, "Epiphany" 6" x 6" paper pad.  
Next, I used a stencil and my Distress Paint "Seedless Preserves," in my mini mister to spray a pattern on the paper.
To add a decorative border, I used a strip of white card stock and my Martha Stewart "Doily Lace Trim," border punch.
I added some color to the border using some ink smooshing and my "Seedless Preserves" Distress Paint.
Then I adhered it to the tag using my tape runner.



I added some ink splatters using a mixture of black acrylic paint and water.
Next, I attached a decorative die cut that I colored using my black paint/water mixture.
I used my MementoLuxe Tuxedo Black ink to go around the edges of the tag and my Recollections Black water color marker to add some shading around the border. 
With the background of the tag complete, it was time to work on the image.

For the image, I used the "Mindy" stamp from Julie Nutting.
I stamped the image on a sheet of patterned paper from the "Epiphany," paper pad.
For her clothes and shoes, I stamped the doll a few times on sheets of patterned paper from the Hampton Art ki "Berry Blast" 6" x 6" paper pad.
I colored in her skin using my alcohol markers in Ivory, Vanilla, and R20
I used my Copic markers in E70, E29 & E79 to color in her hair.
I then added some shading to the clothes and shoes using my C01 & C02 markers.
Next, I fussy cut them out and adhered them to the main doll image.
I then cut the doll out and added a few pearls to dress her up a bit.



Then, using an "Eiffel Tower" rubber stamp and leftover scraps from the "Epiphany" paper pad, I created a trio of stamps.
I added some pieces from the border that I had cut to each of the stamps to frame them.
Next, I took a decorative border punch from Fiskars to add some flourishes and flowers to the stamps.
I then attached them to the tag using pop dots.

To add a few finishing touches to the tag, I added a decorative label plate from Recollections, added 
a sentiment behind it, and attached it along the bottom.
The sentiment I used is from a Stampendous stamp set "Steampunk Shoes".
It reads: "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore..."
Finally, I added the doll using some pop dots, and threaded some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon through--dyed the same colors as the tag--through the top.

And voila!! Tag complete!


  

 

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day!! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button