Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

U + Me Valentine's Day Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to you all!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! I'm back with my first DT project of 2015 for the Kitty Bee Designs blog.
The card I'm featuring is part of their Aloha Friday "Scraps" Challenge,  which is going on now through January 29th.
So make sure to head over to KBD blog to play along and for a chance to win a great prize pack from our sponsor for this challenge, Doodle Pantry .
With that said, here's the pic of a Valentine's Day card I made for you to check out:


The inspiration for this card design came Nichol Magouirk's You Tube channel.
In the video, she used vellum and a die cut phrase to make a shaker card.
I cased a few of the elements from her card to create the one you see above.
Here's a quick rundown of how I made it:

For the card base, I used a sheet of white card stock, when folded it measures 4 1/4 x 5 3/4".
I cut a sheet of vellum at 3 3/4 x 5 3/4" and adhered it to the card base.
I then cut a piece of pink card stock to the same size of the vellum.
I stamped the background with a flourish stamp and Pixie Pink ink from Stampin Up.
I then took my ruler and measured about an 1" up from the bottom and 3 3/4" down from the top to mark out a space for my sentiment.
I drew out the "U+Me" onto the pink card stock and partially cut it out.

This was the tricky part of the process.
I had to redraw the letters a few times to get the spacing just right.

With the sentiment complete, I set to work on the shaker part of the card.

In Nichol's video, she added a another piece of vellum she stitched closed to house the shaker elements.
I took a different route, I punched out a few hearts and glued them to the vellum.
I then added a 3" piece of vellum on top to cover the hearts.
So it gives the look of a shaker without the worry of anything falling out.
I then used my ATG gun to attach the pink card stock to the vellum.

I turned my attention to the cute "Best Friends Bun" digi.
I used my C00, C01 and C03 Copic markers to color the bunnies in.
I used an RV19 and a HB1 marker for the bow and heart.
I fussy cut them out and added them to a small hill that I drew.
I used my ATG gun to attach to the card, placing them above the sentiment.



Lastly, I added a few punched out hearts and added Stickles to them.
I then stamped this "Happily Ever After" sentiment from an Inkadinkado Wedding Stamp set  in Staz On ink.

And voila!! Card Complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and Peace!! :)





Pin It Button