Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

SteamPunk Inspired Mixed Media Box!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a good start! For today's post, I have a papier mache box that I altered to create a SteamPunk inspired project.
The idea behind this box came from a wonderful YouTuber, whose channel I subscribe to, Gabrielle Pollacco.
She specializes in mixed media layouts, cards, canvases and home decor projects.
I find her channel to be a great source of inspiration and I like being able to recreate the projects she creates using materials in my stash.
And this SteamPunk box is no exception.
I will leave a link to her channel and blog at the bottom of this post, so you can check her out for yourself.

Here's the pic of the box I made for you to check out:


The box I used measures 3 x 6".
I used a stencil and texture paste to add this heart design to the top and sides.
And for the "Love" sentiment as well.
I then covered the box with a few coats of gesso and set it aside to dry.
I then tore some card stock and adhered it to the box.
I also added some lace I had along the top and bottom.
For the bouquet on the top, I just glued down a few paper roses and added some leaves and pearls.
Once I had everything attached, I went back in with my gesso to add a coat to each element.

To add some color to the box, I used a few color sprays I had in Blue, Pink, Gold, and Black.
I also made sure to add color to the flowers as well.



I then set the box aside to dry.


To finish it off, I added some black paint splatters and some text stamping.
I used some gold paint on the flowers, pearls and raised areas.
I added gears, rhinestones and a compass rose medallion for emebellishments.





And ta-da!! Box complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)




Gabrielle Pollacco blog and YouTube links:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button