Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

"Princess" Birthday Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery Design Team. For this post, I created a birthday card featuring the newest digital image from the Jiggery Makery etsy store titled, "Princess".
This is a new style of digi that Adele has created and she is offering it in her shop for a limited time.
The image is very detailed and wonderful to color in using any medium you see fit.
So make sure to click the store link above to learn more.
With that said, let's move on to today's project:

                                                     Here's the pic for you to check out:



                                      For this card, I used white card stock measuring 4 × 5 3/4".
                   I cut down a sheet of black card stock to 3 7/8 × 5 3/4"and adhered to the card base.
                  I used a 6×6" dark blue card stock from a ColorBok stack as my main card panel.
                  I cut it down to 3 3/4 ×5 3/4", distressed the edges and inked them using a white pigment ink.
                  I then stamped the background using an ivy stamp and VersaMark ink to give it a slight pattern.
                  After all the stamping was complete, I set aside to work on the image.

I printed the image out on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
I used a combo of Copics, Bics, Spectrum Noirs and ProMarkers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, Dusky Pink
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna
-Dress- Oceanview Blue, IB1, GT1, HB1, HB2, HB3, C01



            I added some "Lavender Lace" Liquid Pearls, and Stickles to embellish the dress.
            I then fussy cut her out and went around the edges using my brush tip marker.
           With the image complete, it was time to add the embellishments and put the card together.

For the card panel, I added two layers of lace and some Chinese braid trim in black towards the bottom.
I then used my ATG gun to adhere it to the card base.
I added a paper doily, cut in half, paper roses, sequins, pearls and butterflies.


The sentiment "Birthday Princess" was made using a metal banner from a bottle cap charm and a card stock banner I created.
Lastly, I added more lace underneath the metal banner and Stickles to the flowers.


  And ta-da!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                                   Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button