Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Aurora Wings "All Gored Up" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday to you all!! I hope your weekend is starting off awesome!! My weekend has been going pretty good so far. I have been pushing myself to participate in more challenges and trying new crafting styles.
The project I'm featuring today showcases a different style then I'm normally used to.
It's out of the box and outside of my comfy crafting style.
I'll be entering this project into the Aurora Wings "All Gored Up" Special October Event.
You have to take one of their stamped images, bloody it up and make it gruesome.
I was hesitant to try this challenge out for myself, I'm used to coloring cute images, so to speak.
But then I figured "What The Heck?" let's go for it and so I did.
I took the "SisterHood" digi stamp, drew in a few extra details, and gored it up a bit.
I warn you this project is not for the squeamish but if you're brave enough to continue reading, I applaud you.

Here's the pic of the image before I altered it: 


and here's the pic of the same image after I gored it up:


I found a pic on Google that I used as a reference.
I printed the "SisterHood" image onto a sheet of white cardstock.
Using the Google pic and a pencil, I drew in the details on the face.
I also added a rat's tail coming out of the owl's mouth and a piece of flesh dangling from the other owl.
I also drew in a dead mouse, that the owl on her shoulder, had just caught.
With all the details penciled in, I set to work on coloring the image in.

I used my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers and here's a rundown of the colors I used:

- Skin- E11, E13
- Bloody Skin- Rambunctious Red, RV19
- Eyes- YG03, Honey Brown
- Hair- C03, C05, C07
- Owls- C01, C03, C05, C07, W09
- Owls Beaks and Eyes- Y08, Summer Melon, YR08, Sunset Orange
- Dead Mouse- E13, E15, E11, R20
- Headdress- Cloud Nine Grey, W09
- Flowers- RV19, C03
- Background- 100

I used the color combo of Rambunctious Red and RV19, to color in the exposed musculature.
I added some lines with my white gel pen and blurred the lines using my finger to achieve the look of flesh.
I added some more details using a fine tip Ebony marker from Martha Stewart.
I then filled the background using my Copic marker in Black 100.
Once I had the image colored in, I trimmed it down to 4 1/4 x 4 3/4".

I decided to turn this image into a card. 
So I cut a piece of white cardstock @ 4 1/2 x 5", used the RV19 to color in a border and then adhered down the image layer.
I mounted the presentation piece onto a black card stock base using some foam tape.
All that was left to do now was to add the embellishments.


I drew this bloody banner onto a piece of white card stock, colored it in and cut it out.
I glued along the top of the card.
I cut out a few spiderweb pieces out of silver glitter card stock and added them to the corners.
For the bloody skull cameo, I used a clay frame, painted it with grey paint and added a small piece of patterned paper to the inside.
I drew the skull, shaded it in, cut it out and mounted it to the frame using foam tape.
To finish it off, I added a few black paper roses and black sequins. 

And voila!! card complete!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this "gory" project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend and Peace!! :)



Pin It Button