Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

"Spooky Doll Halloween Tag"!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I hope your Friday is off to a great start. For today's project I have a Halloween tag I made featuring my daughter's artwork. She drew a wonderful "Spooky Doll" and once I saw it I knew I had to turn it into a tag. The image is spooky, cute and perfect for Halloween.
Here are the pics of the completed tag for you to peruse:


I used a manila tag measuring 2 5/8 x 5 1/4".
I added some torn strips of olive green patterned paper from a DCWV Stack 180 pack to the top and bottom.
I roughed up the edges and inked them with a dark brown ink.
I took a black patterned paper from the same DCWV pack, roughed up the edges, and added it to the middle of the tag.
I used my ATG gun to adhere the papers to the tag.
I left a few areas of the tag uncovered and used a Rambunctious Red marker to add some color to the those areas.
I went back in with a needle and black embroidery floss to add some stitch lines between the papers.
To finish off the background, I added some more embroidery floss to the top and bottom.
And set the tag aside to work on the image.

For the image, I used a combo of Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color it in:

-Doll's Body- C01, C03, C05
-Open Areas- C07, Tuxedo Black
-Stuffing- C01
-Inside- Rambunctious Red, Pink Flamingo


I used some waffle paper and grey ink to sponge a pattern on the doll.
I added a few highlights with a white gel pen and inked the edges in grey.
I used foam tape to attach the doll to the tag.

To finish the tag off, I added a Tim Holtz Trinket Pin, embroidery needles, "Boo" sentiment and a few bats.

And voila!! tag complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday and Peace!! :)


This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure to stop by the blog and check it out!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button