Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Just for You Card: Realistic coloring using Copics!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope your day is off to a relaxing start! For today's post, I have a card I made for the latest Glitter N Sparkle challenge! The theme this week is "Anything Goes," and as always, we have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge! So, please make sure to head over to the Glitter N Sparkle Challenge blog for all the details.

My card today features an awesome image from Robyn's Fetish, "Apples in a Basket"
                                                 
                                                       Here's a pic for you to check out :

            
The card measures 4 3/4" x 5 1/4" and uses a sheet of craft card stock for the base. To add a little interest to the card base, I stamped some fall leaves using my VersaMark ink. For my card layer, I cut a piece of chevron paper at 4" x 4 !/2" from The Paper Studio Chevron paper pad.
                 
Next I moved on to the image, coloring it in with my alcohol markers.
                                               
                                                  Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                            
                                               -Apples- Y15, R14, R17, R27, Y00, Y13
                                               -Basket- E99, E29
                                               -Bow- R14, R17, R27, E74
                                               -Sky & Grass- B00, B12, G43, G4

 To get a more realistic feel to the image, I referenced a photo I found on Google.
So, by adding the Y15 as my base color and then adding the R14, R17, R27 in certain areas, I was able to achieve a more realistic look to the apple.
I approached the coloring of the basket in much the same way, by adding lines using my E29 and then softening it with my E99.
For the sky and the grass, I laid down my lightest base color, B00, G43, and then adding my darker shades, B12, G46, to add texture and shading.

I then trimmed the image panel down to 3 3/4" x 4 1/8" and adhered it  to the card.

Finally, I added my sentiment, "For You" with some twine tied in a bow.

And voila! Card complete!



                                                  I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
                                               Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :)







                                                    Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button