Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch challenge #135

Hey everyone, it's Elina here, back with another Card Sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's the pic for Card Sketch #135:

Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along.
And there is a great prize pack from our sponsor for this challenge: Polkadoodles.


Here's the pic of the card I created based on this sketch:


The card measures 5 1/2" ×5 1/2" made from a sheet of craft card stock.
I adhered a layer of white card stock, cut an 1/8" smaller.
I finished off the card base by adding a blue card stock layer on top of the white.
Next I wrapped some jute twine across the front and tied it in a knot.
I then set aside to work on the image.

For the image, I used my alcohol markers to color it in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Owl- E70, E74, E79, B18, B14, 404
-Outfit- R17, R27, E74, G46, G28, G40, G43, C03, C0
-Ornament- B29, B18, B14, B12, C03, C01
-Background- E97, E99, E29


I added Glossy Accents to the owl's shoes, eyes, and holly berries.
Next I used my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen to add sparkle to the ornament, hat, and coat.
I then trimmed the image panel down to 3" × 3 3/4".
Afterwards, I added more white and blue card stock layers behind the image.

As a final touch, I added a few snowflakes, pearls, and the sentiment, "Merry Christmas", cut into a banner shape.

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button