Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thinking of You Card!!

Hey Everyone!! For today's post, I have a card I created for the Kitty Bee Designs blog. 
It's for the latest Aloha Friday Challenge going on now through next Friday.
The theme for this challenge is "Favorite Color Combo" and our sponsor for this challenge is All Dressed Up.
So make sure to head over to the Kitty Bee Designs blog to play along with us.

For my card, I let the finished image dictate the colors I chose.
I went with light blue and purple for my color scheme.
Here's the pic for you to check out: 


The card base measures 5 1/2 × 6 3/4".
For the back panel I used a sheet of 6 × 6" purple paper from a DCWV Violet Leaf Stack.
I cut the middle of the paper out and adhered the frame to the card base at an angle.
I then took a ruler and my fine tip black marker and drew some lines around the edges of the card.

For the image, I used this adorable freebie from the All Dressed Up blog, "Abi Ballerina".
I used this image before on a previous card where I used watercolors to color her in.
This time around I opted for using my alcohol markers.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna 
-Tutu, Shoes and Bow- HB1, HB2, HB3 

I added some polka dots to her top and bow with my white gel pen.
I used Stickles and Lavender Lace Liquid Pearls to her tutu.
I created a light blue shadow around her using my IB1 Spectrum Noir marker.
I then cut the image panel down to 4 × 5 1/2", drew a frame around the panel, added some polka dots to the background and ground for her to stand on.
I then added some more Stickles on top of the blue dots to add some sparkle.


I backed the image panel on a sheet of scalloped light blue card stock from DCWV and adhered it to the card using foam tape.
To embellish it, I added some paper flowers, white swirls, a resin key, lace and hearts.
For the sentiment, I  stamped "Thinking of You" from the CardzTV stamp set "Encouraging Thoughts" In StazOn ink.
I cut it into a banner shape, adhered it to the card and added some sequins as a final touch.

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


I will be entering this card into the All Dressed Up "Anything Goes" Challenge #29!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button