Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

"First Easter Card of 2014"!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! My weekend was OK and I wanted to apologize for being off the radar this past week. I took time off to take care of some personal issues. I have been on an emotional roller coaster since then but everything is ok for now.
But I will say that I'm ready to get back to blogging and creating projects to share with you all.
And speaking of projects, for today's post I have my first Easter Card I created using a bunny stamp and patterned paper from Handmade Harbourwww.handmadeharbour.co.uk/‎
I created this card a week ago as part of the Handmade Harbour Design Team but didn't get a chance to post it with all that was going on.
I think the card came out pretty nice but as always I leave that up to you to decide.
Here's the pics for your perusal:


This is a standard A2 size card using white cardstock as my base.
For my card layer, I used a Blue Polka Dot paper from the new Handmade Harbour A4 printable craft paper set "Strawberry Picnic".
This set has a lot of pretty patterns in blue and pink and they print out beautifully.
 I chose the blue polka dot to act as my background to create my scene.
I trimmed my patterned paper to 4 x 5 1/4" and directly adhered it to my base using my ATG gun.


For the front of my card, I chose this "Cute Bunny with Gift" digital stamp to be the star.
This is one of a handful of new stamp images that can be purchased from the Handmade Harbour store.
You can find this particular image in the store under the new digital stamps heading and it's #533.
I printed my image onto white cardstock.
I used a grey watercolor pencil to add some shadows to the bunny.
I used my Bic MarkIt markers in: Fandango Pink, Pink Flamingo, and Peach Parfait to color in the bunny's ears and nose.
I added Glossy Accents to the ears and a highlight on the nose with my white gel pen.



For the gift, I used the same pink markers to color in the ribbon, bow and hearts.
I added color to the gift with my Bic Mark It markers in Yellow Blaze and Tiki Hut Tan.
I used a blue watercolor pencil to add some shading to the "With Love" tag on the front.
I cut my image and set it aside to work on the rest of the card.

To create a scene for the front of the card, 
I cut two strips of green cardstock at 1/2" and 1" to create grassy layers on the bottom.
I adhered the 1" piece directly to the card front.
I used foam tape on the bunny image and layered the 1/2" strip on top to give it a 3D effect.
I drew, colored, and cut out a few eggs to add to my grass.
I used Glossy Accents on the eggs to make them shine.
To finish off the card, I drew a few clouds, added some shading with a grey watercolor pencil and attached them to the blue polka dot layer.

And voila!! the card is complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your evening!!
Peace!! :)































No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button