Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Ooh La La Mixed Media Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
For my project, I created a mixed media canvas featuring the newest image, "Pamela".
This is the second image in Adele's vintage girl digi line.
You can purchase this image from the Jiggery Makery etsy store.
This is a beautiful image, perfect for coloring with any medium or for paper piecing.
For my project, I chose to paper piece the dress and add a few accessories.
All that's left to do now is to hang it in my craft room.
Before I get to ahead of myself, here's the pic for you to check out:


I recycled a 10 3/4 x 13" canvas I had used for another project (which I never got around to finishing). 
I removed all the embellishments and painted a few coats of gesso to give me a clean base to build on.
For the background, I went with this vintage light blue print from The Paper Studio "Kirby Teesdale Studio" 12 x 12" pack.
I used some homemade mod podge to adhere it to the canvas, making sure to wrap the paper around the edges.
I then set it aside to dry.
Once dry, I dry brushed some gesso in a few areas to tone down the pattern a bit.
I then stamped a Hampton Art "Graphic 45 Harlequin Text" stamp in dark brown ink.
I added a polka dot pattern on top of the stamped areas using a stencil and some Distress Paint in "Antique Linen".

I ran into a slight problem when adhering the paper, it didn't cover the entire canvas.
To remedy this, I added some lace trim to the top and bottom.
It has three layers of lace in white and blue and adds a shabby chic touch to the canvas.
With the background complete, it was time to add the image and embellishments.

For the image, I printed her out twice at 9", first on white card stock and then onto a sheet of  Recollections "Garden Floral" paper.
I colored the image in using my alcohol markers.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3
Hair- E13, E15, E18


I then fussy cut her out and set her aside to work on her dress.
I shaded in the dress using my C03 and C01 Copic markers, cut it out and adhered it to the image.
To dress it up, I added some seam binding, pearl brad and Eucalyptus Stickles.
For the shoes, I colored them in using a C01 and R20 markers.


I cut a purse out of some floral patterned paper, added some white stitching, handle and pearl brad.
To give the handle the look of leather, I added some Glossy Accents.
To finish her ensemble off, I added a hat with a paper rose embellishment.
With my image complete, I set her aside to work on the rest of the canvas.

Hubby was awesome enough to surprise me last week with a Cricut Explore machine.
I wasted no time cutting up images for this project.
I cut a birdbath with birdie, at 4" in white, from the Cricut Design Space.
I then used my C01, C03, C05 markers to color it in. 
I added some dots with my fine tip black and white pens to give it the appearance of stone.


 I used my ProMarkers in Tan, Burnt Sienna and Cinnamon for the bird's body.
For the tummy I used my Spectrum Noirs in LY1 and LY2.
I added a few extra details with a white gel pen and fine tip dark brown marker.
Once the birdbath was complete, I adhered it down on the canvas using Tacky glue.

Next it was on to the die cut branches.
I colored them in using my ProMarkers, colored the leaves and glued them onto the background.



I used foam tape to adhere my image and added this die cut Eiffel tower silhouette off in the distance.
With the canvas almost complete, it was time to add my embellishments and title.

I scattered a few paper roses, pearls, and rhinestone flourishes.
For my title, I used some scripty alpha stamps to create the "Ooh La La" and added a  handwritten french phrase below. 
The phrase states" Je aime Paris au printemps" which translates into "I love Paris in the Springtime".

And voila!! Canvas complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Sorry for the super lengthy post but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss out on any of the steps.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button