Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Quick Card, New Sketch and Facebook Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Hope you had a relaxing Sunday!! I'm back with another great card sketch from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's Card Sketch #115:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along with us and check out the awesome projects created by the Design Team.
There's also a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor: Lacy Sunshine Stamps, who will be awarding the winner for this challenge their choice of 3 digis from their shop.

For my card for this challenge, I created my very first St.Patrick's Day card featuring this adorable "Shamrock Bear" from 2 Cute Ink.
They also had a Facebook challenge going on at their 2 Cute Ink fan page, so I will be entering this card into the challenge as well.

Here's the pic of the card I made:


I used Craft card stock for the card base and inked the edges with Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I cut the card stock @ 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" to create a top folding card.
I cut a piece of  DCWV green patterned paper to 4 x 5 1/4", inked the edges and adhered it to the base.
I wrapped some gold embroidery floss around the card a few times and tied it in a bow.

For the image, I printed the bear on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color him in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Bear- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon (Spectrum Noir)
-Bow tie and Shamrock- YG03, Forest Green
-Ground- C01, C03

I added some highlights with a white gel pen and Eucalyptus Stickles to the shamrock and bow tie.
I then cut the card stock down to 2 x 3" and used foam tape to attach it to the card.

To finish it off, I added some gold sequins and metallic green shamrocks, that I cut from a sheet of ColorBok metallic card stock.
For the sentiment, I printed out the "Happy St.Patrick's Day", inked it, cut it apart and adhered it to the card.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button