Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hey Everyone! Happy Saturday! And as promised, I was able to make a card with one of my new stamp sets I purchased online.

 This card was made using the Garden Flowers stamp set from Inkadinkado. I kept the color theme pretty simple, just classic white, black and gray. Its a standard A2 size ( 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) card. The card base is white, the background layer is a gray paper I got from a ColorBok stack called "Chateau Noir" and for the gray I went down 1/4" in size from the base. The white layer has been stamped with Staz On Jet Black Ink and the flowers, butterflies, sentiment and border all came from the  Inkadinkado Garden Flowers stamp set. I added some rhinestones from Recollections to the sentiment and butterflies for some extra oompf. And I gave the card some added 3D effect by stamping the butterflies to the card and then stamping on a separate piece of paper, cutting them out and then adhering to the card. Its a simple way to bring added dimension to your projects.

Well, as you can see from the final result, not too bad. I think I will try different color combos to see which ones I like best. But if you wanns try it for yourself, you can never go wrong with classic black and gray. Just add white here and there to keep it from looking too dark. I hope you enjoy this card I made. As I write this, there is actually a yard sale going on outside my home. I feel kinda bad cause I left my hubby to run this sale himself. I wanted to join him but I think I have some bad yard sale juju.  Cause whenever we've had yard sales in the past and I'm outside, we barely sell anything! So I have been silently banned from future yard sales. I don't think I look that scary in the morning but you be the judge.
 
"You will buy these candles and these vintage tea cups, too!"
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button