Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Wood+Prima+Finnabair= Unique Mixed Media Decor Piece!

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday to you all! I hope your day is off your day is off to a great start! For today's post I wanted to share a mixed media project I made for my home. I used supplies from my stash, paint, and texture paste on a 6 1/2" x 10 1/2" wood board to create a unique wall hanging.
                                 So without further ado. here are the pics for you to check out:

Completed wall hanging.


 I used gesso, texture paste, acrylic paints in ivory and blue as well as Bronze Distress Paint to create the background.


Close up of the piece.
I used pieces from Prima, Finnabair, Tim Holz and  Hobby Lobby's Spare Parts line.
I arranged them on the board, adhered them and painted them using the colors I used for the background.

Close up of the top of the piece.
                                      I arranged pieces of sea glass along the top and bottom.
I used my texture paste to adhere them and painted them using Liquitex Metallic Paints in Rich Gold and Bronze.


         For the butterflies I used angel wings charms from Spare Parts and pearls for the bodies.

Close up of the sea glass pieces, gears and butterflies.



Close up of the bottom half of the piece.


 To achieve the look of flowers I used my Prima Wood Icons for the centers and my Finnabair Mechanicals for the blooms.
I used some gears and clock hands from Spare Parts to create the stems.



As a finishing touch I added shading around each of the pieces using my Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker in Black.

                                                           And voila! Piece complete!


                                              I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                                        Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button