Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

"Enjoy Life" card feat.Ike's Art Stamps!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope your day is off to a relaxing start! For today's post, I have a card I made for the latest Glitter N Sparkle challenge. Unlike previous challenges where there is a theme for you to follow, this week's challenge features a sketch made by yours truly.
                                                          
                                              

This was my first time creating a Card Sketch from scratch but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The ladies did a wonderful job using my sketch to create their wonderful cards. I'm not sure if I'll continue to make card sketches in the future, but I had fun creating this one. So, please make sure to stop by the Glitter N Sparkle blog to play along. As always, we have some great sponsors lined up with awesome prizes for you to win. The card I'm featuring today uses a wonderful image from one of our sponsors, Ike's Art entitled "Birthday Fashionista".
                                                   
                                                         Here's a pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5 1/4" x 5 3/4," and uses a sheet of grey card stock as the base. Using the sketch above, patterned paper from The Paper Studio "Chevron" pack, and white card stock, I cut my card layers at 3 1/8" x 5 1/2" (for the chevron paper) and 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" (for the white card stock). I adhered them to the base, and for the white card strip, I added a layer of grey card stock at 1 1 3/8" x 5 3/8" and 1 1/8," with chevron squares on top. I added brads to the center of the squares and set them aside to work on the image.

                                        Here's a rundown of the colors I  used for the image:
                                                    
                                                         -Skin- E00, E11, E13, RV52
                                                               -Hair- Y13, E29, E79
-Coat, Pants & Bag- Prismacolor's Warm Grey, Warm Black, C02, C04, RV14, RV19, C01, C03
                                                                -Ground- C01, C03


Next, I trimmed down the image panel to 2 5/8" x 5 1/8," added a piece of grey card stock to the back, and adhered it to the base. I then added a wavy border and black sequins to complete the look.

As a final touch, I used some clear acrylic words from my stash to create the "Enjoy Life" sentiment.

                                                          And ta-da! Card complete!


                                                 I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
                                   Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day!! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button