Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Thanks Card feat. The East Wind!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all!  For today's post, I have a card I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog! The theme for this week's challenge is: "Include a Butterfly". 
Please make sure to stop the Glitter N Sparkle blog to play along and share your beautiful, "add a butterfly," creations with us!

           We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge and great prizes for you to win.
                                                  
                                                                  -All Dressed Up
                                                            

                                                                -Bugaboo Stamps
                                                     

 
  
The card I made features one of the lovely images you can find at the The East Wind Etsy shop
Here's a pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5" x 5" and uses white card stock for the base.
 I layered a piece of pink card stock onto the base that I cut to 4 7/8" x 4 7/8," and added a decorative pattern on top that I cut using my Cricut Explore and black card stock.
I then set this aside to work on the image.

For the image, I drew a butterfly on her face and added wings behind her. 
Next, I inked it in and used my alcohol markers to bring it to life.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used:

-Skin- E00, E11, E13
-Hair- E74, E18, E79
-Dress, Wings, Butterfly- RV000, RV52, RV55, RV63, 100, C06, C08, Gelly Roll White pen, Wink of Stella Glitter markers in Clear and Black
-Background- B00, B12


I trimmed the image panel down, stamped swirls in the background, and layered it on a piece of white card stock. I added some black card stock swirls, flowers, rhinestones and a butterfly.  Next, I adhered it to the card base and added this chipboard "Thanks" from Make It Crafty.

And voila! Card complete!


                                                 I hope you all enjoyed this card for today!
                              Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)


 Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button