Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Best of Friends Magical Mermaids Card feat. Aurora Wings!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope you are enjoying this Father's Day with the special men in your lives! For today's post, I have a card I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog.
The theme this week is "Anything Goes" and we have a great sponsor lined up, Aurora Wings, with a fabulous prize for our winner.

                 Here's the pic of the card I made using "The Secret" image from Aurora Wings:


                 The card measures 5 1/2"x 7," and uses a sheet of craft card stock as the base.
   I used a sheet of patterned paper from the Graphic 45 "By the Sea" paper pad as my card layer.
            Next, I printed the image out and used my alcohol markers to color these beauties in.
                                
                                         Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
                                                    -Skin- E00, E11, E13, R20
                                             -Hair- E13, E15, E18, E97, E99, E29
                    -Mermaid Tails & Tops- G94, G99, G43, RV866, RV69, RV55, RV63


Using two of my Distress Inks in "Broken China" & "Faded Jeans," I inked in the background, making sure to blend the colors together.
I initially planned on going around the images, but thought it would be nice to use the inks over the images to give the appearance that they are in deep water.

This next step was scary.
I had reservations whether this was gonna work, but I decided to go for it and I think the end result speaks for itself.

I added drops of water over the entire image panel to give the look of bubbles to finish up the background.

 To finish up the images, I added Stickles in "Turquoise,"  "Key Lime," and "Eucalyptus," to  dress up the mermaids' tails and hair..
I trimmed the panel down to 4 1/2" x 6," and layered it on a piece of white card stock cut 1/4" bigger.

For the embellishments I drew some kelp, colored them in using my G94 & G99 markers, and cut them out.
I adhered them along the bottom, added some seashells, twine, and a seahorse.
Once the pane was complete, I added it to the card base.

As a final touch, I added a sticker sentiment to the corner.

And voila! Card complete!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!




Post edited by: Shyann Martinez
 


 


Pin It Button