Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

I need a "Beach Getaway w/ the Girls"- featuring All Dressed Up Stamps!!

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! I apologize for being M.I.A over the past couple of weeks. It has been crazy on my end, crafting u a storm in preparation for my first ever craft fair. Yikes! But I survived and I will share my experience with you later o this week. So with making things fir the fair and design team projects, unfortunately, posting it on my blog had to take a backseat. 
So I hope o be able to feature these projects in future posts soon.
Well with that said, it's time to share the card I created for the latest challenge over at the Glitter N Sparkle blog.
The theme this week is "One for the Girls", so make sure to head over to the Glitter N Sparkle Challenge blog to play along.
Here's the list of the wonderful sponsors for this challenge:

 
                                                              


                                                                       -Oddball Art
                                                          


                                                                     

And here's the pic of the card I made using the "3 Little Summer Girls" from All Dressed Up:

                  The card measures 4 1/4" x 6" and uses a sheet of craft  card stock as the base.
For the card layer I used this patterned paper from a KaiserCraft 6 1/2" paper pad called "Paradiso"
         I trimmed it down to 4" x 6 1/4" and adhered it to the card base using my tape runner.
                     Next I worked on the images, coloring them in using my alcohol markers.

                                                           Here's the list of colors I used:
                                                   -Skin- E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, RV14
                                   -Hair- Y00, Y13, Y15, E13, E18, E29, E15, E18, E29
                                  -Clothes- B00, B12, B14, Y13, Y15, E13, RV63, RV55

 
             I cut each of the girls out and arranged them on the background before adhering them.
                 I added some polka dots and highlights to their outfits with my white gel pen.
      If you take a close look at the image, you'll spot that one of the girls is wearing tube socks.
                                                                  Tube socks at the beach?!
 I usually color in front of the TV and I must of missed this cause I didn't catch it till it was on the card. So I decided to keep it instead of coloring another one. After all, card making is a handmade art form.


                  To finish the card, I added some Tim Holtz rub-on transfers to the background.
                                   I also used them o create the sentiment along the front.
            "Collect beautiful moments, embrace the journey and go where your heart takes you".
              As a final finishing touch I wrapped jute cord along the bottom and tied it in a bow.

                                                             And voila! Card complete!!


                                                    I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
                                          Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button