Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

"Sending Good Vibes" with a Spanish Flair plus a New Challenge!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to you all! I hope your day is off to a relaxing start! For today's post I have a card I created for the latest Glitter N' Sparkle challenge. The theme this week is "Red and White." We have a great line up of sponsors for this challenge, who are graciously awarded prizes for our Top 3 winners. They are:
                                                                -Sami's Stamps-

                                                   
                                                                   -Bugaboo-
                                                    

                                                                    -Ike's Art-
                                                    


For this project, I used the"Spanish Dancer" image from Ike's Art to make an easel card. I also have a video up on my channel which shows step by step the coloring process for this image. I hope to share that link with you all soon, so please stay tuned.
                                 With that said, here's a pic of the card for you to check out:


                                    I began the assembly of this card with the image first.
       I trimmed the image panel to 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" and colored it in using my alcohol markers.
                                          
                                               Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                   
                                                         -Skin- E11, E13, R20
                                                            -Hair- E13, E15
                             -Dress- R14, R27, E74, C01, C02, Gelly Roll pen in White
                                                          -Silhouette- C06, C08

  I drew in a silhouette, some music notes, and flooring to set a quick scene for the dancer. Once I had all the coloring done, I used my Avery Elle stamp set to create the sentiment, "Sending Good Vibes."
I layered the image panel on a sheet of red patterned paper from a Recollections paper pad, and cut it at 4 3/4" x 5 3/4". To complete the image, I added a wavy border along the edges using my fine tip black marker.




 I used a pieces of white and red patterned card stocks to create the easel card base, and I adjusted the measurements to fit the panel. However, instead of cutting the white card stock to 4 1/4' x 8 1/2," I added an inch to each of the measurements to give me a 5 1/4' x 9 1/2" base. Next, I scored the card stock at 5 1/4" x 7 3/8," and folded it using mountain and valley folds. For the easel part of the card, I cut my pieces 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" . Then, I assembled the pieces and adhered the image panel to the 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" piece.

To finish the card off, I stamped the "Hugs" label to act as my stand for the easel, and added a few red sequins.

                                                              And ta-da! Card complete!

                                                  I hope you enjoyed this card for today!
                                 Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)


                                                      Post edited by: Shyann Martinez



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button