Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

"Remember the Now" Mixed Media Tag: Jiggery Makery DT Project!!

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday to you all! For today's post, I'm sharing a mixed media tag I made as part of the Jiggery Makery design team. It features Adele's charming "Denise," image from her shop.
                                              
                                                         Here's a pic for you to check out:


              For my tag, I used a 2 5/8" x 5 1/4" manila tag, and painted a coat of gesso over the top. Once dry, I painted on a thin layer of Ranger's Multi- Matte Medium. I tore a few pieces of some patterned tissue paper I made and adhered it to the tag. I then added color using my Distress Paints in "Seedless Preserves" and "Shabby Shutters".

                 To add interest to the tag, I stamped a bird and vine from a Prima stamp set. Next, I set it aside to work on the images. I used my alcohol markers to color them in, and here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                                      Main Image:
                                                              -Skin- E00, E11,  R20
                                                              -Hair- E15, E18, E79
                                                        -Dress- 0,  C01, RV52, RV55
                                                 -Accessories- E70, E74, RV000, RV52


For the flowers, I used the " Black Eyed Susans," flower image from the Two Paper Divas "Seed Packet Accessories #2".
                                                             Black Eyed Susans Image:
                                                                    -Y18, E99, 100
.

I added a few highlights to the images using my white gel pen and fussy cut them. Next, I arranged where I wanted the images to go and used my Multi-Matte Medium to adhere them to the tag. I then added shading to the tag and image using my Recollections Dark Brown water color marker.

To create the sentiment on the tag, I used my Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs "Special Delivery," set. I added the sentiment to scrap pieces of  white card stock, cut them apart, and adhered them to the tag.
It reads: "Remember the now, make it count and embrace the journey". To finish it off the tag, I tied a few strands of jute cording at the top.

                                                             And ta-da! Tag complete!



                                               I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
                                    Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your day! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button