Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Wood Blocks into Mixed Media Decor for your Home!!

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday evening to you all! I apologize for the late posting of this DT project for the  Jiggery Makery blog, but it has been a super hectic crafting day for me. Hubby has decided to sell a few of his woodworking projects at a local craft fair in two weeks. So, I have been extra busy coming up with items that I could sell alongside his things. Today's post will be a quick one, with a video coming soon to follow up on how I created the project I'm sharing today.
                                              
                                                         Here's a pic for you to check out:
I used a piece of 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" block of wood for this project.
Here's a pic of what it looked like before I altered it:


To get this block to look like the one above, I used a variety of paints, sprays, resin pieces, and texture paste.

I added some stamping, plus the quote that I got from Pinterest.
The quote states:
"Knowing when to walk away is: Wisdom,
Being able to is: Courage
Walking away, with your head held high is: Dignity."

The image I used for this project is the lovely, "Jayne" from the etsy shop.

Here's a list of the colors I used:
-Skin- E00, E11, R20
-Hair- E13, E15, E29
-Dress- R12, R14, C01, C02


And voila! Project complete!  


I hope you enjoyed this project!
I will be putting up a video on my channel soon showing you the step by step process.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your evening! :)






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button