Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

"Konichiwa" Card featuring "Kimono Girl": LBBS DT

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend!! For today's post, I created a card for the Little Blue Button Stamps blog using one the newest images to be released, "Kimono Girl".
This is an adorable image, and when I first saw it I immediately thought of coloring her like a traditional Geisha.
I think I definitely achieved the look I was after, and I even I drew in some cherry blossoms to tie it all together.
I also tried my hand at some Japanese characters adding the sentiment "Konichiwa.". ("Hello," in Japanese)
There's a coloring tutorial up on my channel that will take you step by step through the entire coloring process, so please make sure to click the link to check it out.
                               
                                  




                                    Without further ado, here's the pic of the card for you to check out:


The card measures 4 3/4" x 6 1/2" and uses a sheet of beige card stock for the base.
I added a blue/green patterned paper as my first card layer and it measures 4 3/4" x 5 7/8".
The image panel is trimmed down to 3 3/4" x 5 1/4", and I adhered it to a sheet of white card stock and colored the border in using a gold metallic marker.
Next, I adhered it to the card base and wrote the sentiment along the right hand side.


Here's the full list of colors I used for this image:
- Skin- C0, R14
-Hair- C04, C06, C08 100
-Kimono- R14, R17, R27, Yoo, Y13, Y18
-Fox- E97, E99, E74, C04, C0
-Cherry Blossoms- 0, C0, RV55, E74, E79
-Background- B12, B14, G94, G99


And-ta-da!! Card complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Check out the LBBS shop to check out new releases, and check back in with me on February 12th & February 13th for a blog hop!!
More details coming soon!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button