Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

"Snowball Fight" Challenge: Scrap N Dipity Design Team Card!! :)

Hey everyone, happy Friday to you all!! I have some exciting news- I am the newest member of the Scrap N Dipity Design Team!! I'm so honored to be a part of this team and Alisha's latest images are too cute! I can't wait to be able to share new projects featuring her awesome designs. As you may already be aware, this is my second post for today, so, if you haven't seen my first post, please be on the look out for that as well! Now, for this post, I have a card and video tutorial to share with you all.
The card I'm featuring is my first card as a part of the new DT. 
Alisha is sponsoring a "Snowball Fight" challenge up on the Scrap N Challenge blog!
For those participating in the event, Alisha will be offering this lil' cutie, Tanya- Snowball Fighter, as a freebie.
We would love to see your takes on this image and the challenge, so make sure to play along.
Here are the Challenge Rules:

  1. You can create anything you like, but it must include the Snowball Fighter image.
  2. When complete you need to add your blog post to the Inlinkz (also below this post) by February 14th 11:58pm EST.
  3. When you create your blog post to showcase your project please do mention this post and link back to the challenge blog.
  4. You are welcome to combine this challenge with another,
  5. One entry allowed for this challenge.
  6. Have fun!
There is also a video tutorial taking you step by step through the coloring process, just click on the video below.
                               
                             

So without further ado, here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base is made from a sheet of dark blue card stock and measures 5 1/2" x 5 3/4".
I created the look of a frame to house all my elements such as the trees(cut from patterned and dark green card stocks) and snowy hills(cut from white card stock).
Next, I added a layer of vellum to soften the background and stamped a few snowflakes on the background and vellum.
I colored in the "Tanya Snowball-Fighter" image from the shop and this snowman image using my alcohol markers.

Here's the video that shows you the coloring process:











Lastly, I added my sentiment, "Winter brings out the kid in us all".

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday, and as always, peace!! :)







Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button