Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

"Let It Snow": Say it with Music Glitter N Sparkle Challenge!!

Hey everyone, it's Elina here with Challenge #172 for the Glitter N Sparkle blog!!
The theme for this week is "Say it with Music", so let your favorite song inspire you to create a project and share it with us.
We have some great sponsors lined up for this challenge:

They are offering some great prizes for our Top 3 winners.

The Design Team members got a chance to play around with their awesome images and the card I'm featuring today uses an image from Sami Stamps.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The song that inspired this card was "Let It Snow", which you might consider a Christmas song but if you look at the lyrics it's more about winter than the holidays itself.
So, with that song playing in my head, I set to work on creating the perfect scene for this "Warm Love" digi.
First, I colored in the image using my alcohol markers.
There's a video on my channel showing the step by step coloring process, just click on the video below:
                             
                                   






Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- TN1, FS9, R20
-Hair- E70, E74, E79
-Coat- E99, E79, E70, E74
-Earmuffs, Scarf, Boots, & Mittens- G40, G43, G46
-Pants & Heart- B12, B14, B18, R17, R27, E74

I used my Gelli Roll White gel pen to add some details to the coat, scarf and boots.
Next, I added some sparkle to the digi with my Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush pen.
I then fussy cut the image and went around the edges using my black marker.
Now it was time to create my background and finish up the card.


I cut a sheet of light blue card stock to 3 7/8" x 6" and stamped a few snowflakes using my VersaMark ink.
I added some white embossing powder and heat set them.
Then, I cut a piece of white card stock to create the look of snow on the ground and adhered it along the bottom.
I added some shading to the snow using my C0 & C04 markers.
Next, I attached the image to the background and added some shadows around it using my BT3 marker.
I also used this same marker to add shading to the snowflakes to make them pop.

To finish it off, I added some die cut snowflakes, blue rhinestones and the sentiment, "Let it Snow".

And ta-da!! Card complete!!



My seven year old daughter wanted to try her hand at creating a card with this image.
Here is her lovely card:



I thought this was so cute and the sentiment reads "A cup of Starbucks can warm a lady's heart!"


I think she did an awesome job on this especially on the image.

I hope you enjoyed these cards for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, and as always, peace!! :)



Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button