Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

"Hello Friend" Vintage Inspired Card!!

Hey everyone, Happy New Year to you all!! To start this year off, I have another great Card Sketch from the Feeling Sketchy blog! 
So let's kick 2016 off right with a pic of Card Sketch #136:

       

Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out the awesome projects created by the talented DT members.
And as always, there is a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor for this challenge: Bugaboo Stamps.
With that said, let's move on to the card I created based on this sketch.


I decided to go with a vintage look for my card, incorporating elements from the sketch.
First off, the card base is made from a sheet of tan card stock and measures 5 1/4" x 5 3/4".
For my first card layer, I cut a sheet of patterned paper from The Paper Studio "Kirby Teesdale," 12" x 12" paper pad.
I distressed the edges and inked them up using my Recollections Water Color Marker in Black.
Next I added a vintage sticker from The Paper Studio "Stick.A.Bilities," line on the paper.
To create my banner, I used some canvas ATC cards; cut out my shapes; distressed them, and added some lace stickers on top.
I then attached them to string of jute cord and embellished them by adding a pearl along the bottom.

For my image panel, I chose a Heidi Swapp resist tag.
I inked it with my Stampin Up "Creamy Caramel," ink pad and blending tool.
I rounded the edges and layered a few lace doily stickers on top. 
I then attached it to the card base using pop dots.
For the image, I chose this one from my vintage images Pinterest board, printed it out and gave it an aged look.
Next I fussy cut it out, went around the edges using my black water color marker and adhered it to the panel.


All that was left to do now was add my flowers, embellishments and sentiment.

And voila!! Card complete!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and as always, peace!! :)








Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button