Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

"A Little Love" Valentine's Day Card!!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog!! I created a unique Valentine's Day card featuring the lovely, "Lucy".
I wanted to recreate the look of a newspaper clipping using my alcohol markers, stamps and water coloring.
I also wanted to go with a monochromatic color scheme with a pop of color.
I think I may have achieved the look I was after and I hope you will agree.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base is made from a sheet of black card stock measuring 5 1/2" x 6".
I cut a piece of white card stock to 5 1/4" x 5 3/4" and adhered to the card base as my layer.
I then set it aside to work on the image and background.

For the background I used a sheet of white card stock and stamped a Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" background stamp. 
I used my Staz On Jet Black ink to stamp it.
I then went over the entire sheet with a mix of grey and black water color markers, to mimic the look of newsprint.
Next I added another smaller of sheet of white card stock that I stamped and colored in the same way; to act as my advertisement.
I let the patterned paper dry and went to work on the image.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- C0, C04, R20, R27, E74
-Hair- C06, C07, C08, R17, R27, E74
Shoes & Heart Banner- R17, R27, E74


I then fussy cut her out and printed the "wanted" letters on the banner.
I set her aside to finish up the "news clipping".
I stamped a few hearts, cupid, and sentiment onto the patterned paper.
Next, I attached my image to the background using foam tape.
I took a pair of decorative scissors and cut around the edges.

I then attached the whole panel, which measures 4 7/8" x 5 1/2", to the base using foam tape.
I added a few red hearts and a couple of seals along the bottom to finish up the card.
Lastly, I went around the images using my C02 marker to add some shading.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your day, and as always, peace!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button