Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

"Joy" Wall Hanging featuring "Percy and Lilly"!!

Hey everyone, it's Elina here with a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. I decided to make a holiday wall hanging featuring my fave penguins, "Percy and Lilly". This time around I used all three of the adorable images that Adele offers in her shop to create a custom wall hanging that pairs well with my holiday decor.
Make sure to check out Adele's Etsy shop if you would like to purchase the images featured in today's project.
                                                        Here's the pic for you to check out:



To start this project off, I first, cut a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" squares from some leftover card board in my stash.
I then used my Cricut Explore machine to die cut some matching squares out of some Neenah, "White Gold" card stock and adhered them to the cardboard base.
Next, I die cut letters to spell out the word "Joy," using dark and light blue card stocks.
I layered the two letters together to create a shadow effect before attaching them to the card board base.
now that my bases were finished, I set these aside to work on my penguin images.

I used my alcohol markers to color them in and here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Bodies- C05, C06, C07, C01
-Beaks- 404, Spice
-Santa Hats and Scarf- R17, R27, E74




I added some Glossy Accents to their feet and beaks and some Diamond Stickles to Lilly's pearls.
Then I fussy cut them out, and used pop dots to adhere them to the squares.



I wanted to add a few extra details to each card board square so I stamped a few stockings, wreaths and candles using a Recollections stamp set, and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I colored them in using my B12, B14, G46, G28, C02, and C03 Copic markers.
Next I fussy cut each of the stamped images and arranged them on the squares before attaching them.
Along the top I added a few strands of some red and white baker's twine to tie in the hats and scarf of the penguins.
As a final touch, I punched out a few small snowflakes using my EK Success punch and added some light blue sequins.



Finally, I aligned my squares, making sure to leave about an 1 1/2" of space between them.
I turned them over and added hot glue to the backs of them so I could attach my Stampin Up White Organdy Ribbon.
I then tied it off at the top creating a bow .

                                                     And Voila!! Wall hanging complete!!



                                                      I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                         Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your evening and, as always, peace!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button