Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Altered Box Project!!

Hey everyone, it's Elina here! I'm glad to be back to my blog and crafting after enjoying a memorable Christmas with my family! The girls and I were able to binge watch all our favorite Christmas movies, whip up some yummy goodies, and sing our favorite carols!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas spent with those you love! Well, getting back to today's project, I thought I would try my hand at altering a Pringles can to create a trinket box. There are a ton of great tutorials out there that show you step by step on how to make one for yourself. Since we had an empty can , I thought I would give it a try. I had to adjust the measurements a bit because I only used half of the can, but it was fairly simple to put together.
                                                        Here's the pic for you to check out:


I cut my Pringles can to about 6" and scored it down the middle to create the hinge.
I cut a sheet of patterned paper from The Paper Studio " Kirby Teesdale," 12" x 12" paper pad and adhered it.
Next I added two layers of lace along the top and bottom, some Recollections flowers, pearls, a metal "Dream" charm, and some wire sprigs.






Afterwards, I added some wooden beads for the feet and dry brushed gesso over the entire surface.
And as a final touch, I brushed on some Diamond Stickles on the flowers to make them sparkle.

And ta-da!! Box complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and as always, peace!! :)





Post edited by: Shyann Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button