Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Words Of Encouragement Card: Jiggery Makery Monday Post!!

Hey everyone, it's Elina here with another Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and have your costumes ready for Halloween! I will be a zombie mommy this year in honor of my favorite show, The Walking Dead. I'm not sure how many of you watch this show, but last night's episode was horrible. I am still recovering from the shock of it all. :(
But, getting back to today's project, here's a simple and quick card I made using the Princess digi.
I kept the card design and embellishments to a minimum to keep the focus on this beautiful digi.
Make sure to click on the highlighted "Princess," word to take you to the Etsy shop where you can purchase this image.
                                           Without further ado, here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and uses a light blue card stock as the base.
I used my Chocolate Chip ink pad, sponge dauber, and Antique Linen Distress Paint to distress the card front.
I took a patterned paper from the Prima Something Blue 6" x 6" paper pad; punched a scalloped border, inked the edges with my Chocolate Chip ink pad, and used foam tape to attach it to the card base.

Next I printed the image on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's the rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS5, Dusky Pink, R20
-Hair- E70, E74, E79
-Dress- RV000, RV52, RV55, C02


I fussy cut the image out, went around the edges using my black marker, and adhered her using my tape runner.

I cut the roses from another patterned paper from the Something Blue paper pad and added it to the card base.
I added Glossy Accents to highlight the roses and a few coordinating butterflies.

To finish the card off, I stamped the sentiment on the inside which reads, "Be Strong, Go with your Heart, and Believe in Miracles because Anything can Happen".
I used my Liquid Pearls in Bisque and Lavender Lace to add a few pearls along the front.

And voila!! Card complete!!


 I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and peace!! :)






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button