Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Spooky Jack O'Lantern Card!!

Hey everyone, and happy Saturday to you all!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! With Halloween just a few weeks away, I thought I would share a card I made using an image I created.
                                                          Here's a pic for you to check out:


The card measures 4" x 6 1/2" and uses a sheet of black card stock as the base.
I trimmed a sheet of white card stock to the same dimensions as the card front and used my tape runner to adhere it down.
Next, I stamped a fence backdrop using a Martha Stewart Halloween Fence stamp and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 
This stamp features spooky silhouettes of a rat, raven, and spider.
I added a white highlight to the raven and rat to make them stand out.
To create the night sky, I used my Stampin Up ink pads in Not Quite Navy and Pale Plum.
I used my B39 and C08 markers to color in the ground for the Jack O' Lantern to rest on.
I then went in with my white gel pen to add highlights and my C07 marker to add shadows.
With the card front complete, I set to work on the image.

After drawing the image, I scanned it to my computer, fixed any imperfections, and printed it out.
I used my alcohol markers to color him in and here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Jack O' Lantern- YR04, E97, E99, G94, G97
-Candles- R17, R27, E74
-Rat- E70, E74


I fussy cut the image, used foam tape to adhere it, and added Glossy Accents to the candles. 

To finish the card off, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Halloween" from an Inkadinkado stamp set in VersaMark ink and embossed it.


And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by; enjoy the rest of your weekend, and peace!! :)








Post edited by: Shyann Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button