Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Altered Box using the Dear Lizzy Paper Pad!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" to you all!! For today's post, I have a box I altered using papers from the American Craft Dear Lizzy "5th and Frolic" paper pad.
I've been experimenting with using papers from my stash and coming up with various projects showcasing them.
If you're anything like me, as a crafter, you have accumulated a ton of scrapbook paper.
Sure, at first, you use what you can decorating cards, boxes, etc. with your favorite patterns,
but then after a while the newest paper collection hits the shelves, and your go to paper pad goes into a drawer, where its forgotten.
It wasn't until my recent move that I realized the amount of paper I had stashed away in the storage container.
It was a lot to say at the least.
So with that in mind, I decided it was time to revisit my older paper collections.
If you checked out my blog yesterday, I featured a card using papers from this same paper pad I'm featuring today.
So without further ado, here's the pic of the box I altered using papers from the Dear Lizzy collection:



I used a 3 1/2" x 3 3/4" wooden box that I picked up at my local craft store.

I painted a thin coat of gesso on the outside, and once dry, I inked the edges using my Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I chose  ivory, pink and teal papers from the collection to cover the box, and I made sure to ink all the edges before adhering them.


Next, I fussy cut a few elements from different patterned papers in the collection and created a collage on the front.
I inked the edges of each of the pieces I used and varied my adhesives to create depth and dimension.


To finish off the box, I added a Tim Holtz Trinket Brad to the front.

                                         And ta-da!! Box complete!!



                                                   I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                             Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace!! :)



This post was edited by my beautiful daughter, Shyann.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button